Easy Moscow Mule Recipe with Watermelon & Cucumber
Hold onto that laid back summer vibe with this no-fuss Moscow Mule recipe featuring a fresh take on the classic with cucumber and watermelon!
Summer Drink Recipe
This Moscow Mule recipe is perfect for cooling off in the sizzlin’ summer heat! It is also great for holding onto summer when it’s not quite so summery out. To cool you down with a little extra kick, I want to share my go-to summer moscow mule recipe. The special ingredients of cucumber and watermelon make all the difference!
This cucumber watermelon Moscow Mule recipe is super easy to whip up on a whim, because let’s face it – when it comes to sippin’ on a refreshing drink on a hot day, ain’t nobody got time for complicated!
Moscow Mule Ingredients:
- ½ cup of fresh cut watermelon
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 ounces of watermelon flavored vodka
- Ginger beer to top off cocktail (about 4oz per mug)
- ½ medium cucumber, sliced
- Watermelon wedges, for garnish
- Mint, for garnish
- Sliced cucumber, for garnish
Real Copper Cups
There is some debate on the use of real copper mugs and whether or not it is mandatory in a good Moscow Mule recipe. Some experts say that a chemical reaction occurs between the copper and the drink which alters the taste and flavor profile.
While I am not entirely sure, I do recommend using copper just to be safe! Solid copper mugs are the traditional cup of choice, and I think that it adds to the overall experience of the drink. There is something about the look, feel, and weight of a real copper mug that add to the authenticity of the cocktail.
Related: Best Inflatable SUP on Amazon
How To Make The Cocktail
Compared to some overly fancy and complicated cocktails, this Moscow Mule recipe is super easy to follow! With only a few ingredients, you’ll have this unique take on a classic drink made in no time.
- Fill two copper mugs with ice. Set aside.
- Add the watermelon and lime juice to a mason jar and break down with a wooden muddler or spoon until it looks like pulp.
- Add crushed ice to the jar, cover tightly with lid and shake vigorously. Strain into the prepared copper mugs, dividing between the two.
- Add 2 ounces of vodka to each mug and top off with ginger beer and cucumber slices. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with watermelon wedge, cucumber slice, and mint.
- Serve immediately.
Want more yummy cocktail recipes? Checkout this MUST TRY summer sangria recipe next!
Add these pretty cocktails to the menu for your next get-together and use these genius bar cart styling tips to create a pretty bar cart too! Your guests will be so impressed!
Pin this recipe for later!