POPULAR BLOG POST IDEA BRAINSTROMING
Coming up with new and exciting blog post ideas that your readers will love can sometimes be challenging. Especially when you’re in a creativity rut! This post will show you how to create a list of endless blog post ideas that will bring you lots of traffic to your site.
If you haven’t started a blog yet, this is a great time to brainstorm what blogging niche will work best for you and your potential readers.
(If you want to start a blog of your own, I recommend downloading my free blogging guide – How to Start a Blog in 5 Easy Steps.)
There are many popular niches out there, such as fashion, travel, parenting, lifestyle, finance, fitness, home decor, and more.
By deciding on a specific blogging niche, it will be easier to determine what type of content to create. The most successful bloggers are the ones who have found the perfect balance between writing about a topic they are passionate about and what is helpful or solves a problem for their audience.
Blogger’s Passion + Solves Readers’ Problem = Best Niche
Whether you’ve already chosen your specific blogging niche, or you’re still brainstorming the best niche for your blog (that’s ok!), it can be helpful to sit down and make a list of tons of blog post ideas.
How To Brainstorm Popular Blog Post Ideas
Creating a list of blog post ideas will help guide you as you start your blog so can make sure your content is helpful, valuable, and aligned with your target audience.
This is a great way to come up with an endless supply of blog post ideas. And by keeping the above formula in mind, you will soon have a list FULL of ideas that are sure to bring tons of readers to your site.
A few places to look when coming up with blog post ideas are:
Pinterest is a great place to find new ideas and trending topics that people are already searching for. In fact, if you click into the search bar at the top of you Pinterest Smart Feed, a list of trending topics will appear in the drop down menu.
Think about which of the current trending topics would resonate with your readers and begin brainstorming blog post ideas from there.
Using Pinterest’s search bar to see what topics people are already searching for is an easy way to come up with fresh ideas for your blog!
Like Pinterest, Google Trends is a great way to find trending topics. People will usually search Google for different categories than what they are looking for on Pinterest so it’s a good idea to check both!
An easy way to use Google trends is by using an idea you’ve already thought of and then searching for it on Google Trends to see if people are interested in it.
Plus, it gives you some related topics from which you can get even more ideas for blog posts!
Poll Your Audience
Asking your audience directly is the BEST way to come up with awesome ideas. This is such a simple way to find out exactly what your audience wants to learn more about, yet most bloggers never do it!
Now before you start thinking you don’t have an audience to ask, here are some easy ideas:
- Ask your social media followers to comment on your recent post with topics they’d love to see you write about. Think Instagram, Facebook, Twitter… even if you only have 10 followers, that’s 10 different people you can get ideas from!
- Post a comment in Facebook groups to see what your fellow group members are currently struggling with in life. This can generate hundreds of ideas!
- Got an email list? These people have already signed up to hear more from you and would LOVE the opportunity to tell you which blog post they’d love to see you write next.
- Ask your friends and family. This doesn’t have to be a weird, salesy thing.. in fact, you could keep it simple by just asking what they’re currently pinning on Pinterest. This will give you a good idea about what topics they’re interested in.
Evaluate Your Ideas List
As you start to create your list of blog post ideas, you’ll start to notice a few different things:
- You may need to broaden your niche so that you have more topics to include on your blog
- You can start to come up with a content plan or schedule when you can see all of your ideas in one place
- By examining your list of ideas, you’ll start to come up with even more ideas to add to your list
- Take note which post ideas from your list could be monetized through affiliate products or expanded on in an eCourse you could offer
I recommend keeping your list somewhere handy (whether it’s a hard copy or digital) so that you can add to it whenever you have a new great idea. You never know when inspiration will strike!
I like to keep my blog post ideas list saved on my Google Drive account so that I can easily access it from any of my devices.
Think About Your Target Audience
The most important thing to keep in mind when brainstorming blog post topic ideas is to always make sure you’re thinking about your target audience. You want to make sure that the majority of your posts will help to solve a problem or meet a specific need for your reader. This is how you start to generate lots of traffic to your site!
If you aren’t sure who your target audience is or what types of problems your readers are wanting answers to, here are a few questions to ask yourself to help hone in on your specific audience:
- What is your ideal reader searching for on Pinterest? On Google?
- What are their struggles?
- How are your blog posts going to be applicable to your reader’s daily life?
When coming up with blog post ideas, there’s a lot to keep in mind. You want to make sure you are creating content that is fun for you to write, but also helpful to a large audience. In order to grow your blog, you’ll need a successful niche with lots of helpful topic ideas.
You may find this post to be helpful as well: 7 Blog Niches That Make Money And Get Traffic
Let’s Wrap This Up
I hope this post gave you some ideas on how to brainstorm popular blog post ideas for your blog. Take some time to start your ideas list and don’t be afraid to write down anything and everything that pops into your mind.
Focus on blog post topics that you are excited to write about and that will serve your target audience. This is the key to having an endless supply of awesome blog post ideas!
If you want to start a blog of your own, I recommend downloading my free blogging guide – How to Start a Blog in 5 Easy Steps.
You can also catch up on my other blogging tips posts here!
Have any questions? Leave me a comment below!
Save this post for later by pinning the image below: